Magnus Rueping obtained his doctoral degree from the ETH Zurich in 2002 working with Professor Dieter Seebach. He then moved to Harvard University to work with Professor David A. Evans. In 2004 he was appointed as Associate Professor at the University Frankfurt. After four years in Frankfurt he accepted a Chair and Full Professor-ship of Organic Chemistry at RWTH Aachen University and is currently Professor of Chemical Sciences at KAUST. His group’s research activities are directed toward the development and simplification of synthetic catalytic methodology and technology, and their application in the rapid synthesis of diverse functional natural and unnatural molecules.
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC) 详细介绍见：
1. C. Zhu, A. Kale, H. Yue, M. Rueping, Redox-Neutral Cross-Coupling Amination with Weak N-Nucleophiles: Arylation of Anilines, Sulfonamides, Sulfoximines, Carbamates, and Imines via Nickelaelectrocatalysis, JACS Au, 2021, 1, 1057-1065.
2. C. Zhu, H. Yue, J. Jia, M. Rueping, Nickel-Catalyzed C-Heteroatom Cross-Coupling Reactions under Mild Conditions via Facilitated Reductive Elimination, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2021, 60, 17810-17831.
3. M. Magre, E. Paffenholz, B. Maity, L. Cavallo, M. Rueping, Regiodivergent Hydroborative Ring Opening of Epoxides via Selective C–O Bond Activation, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2020, 142, 14286–14294.
4. S. Gadde, A. Peshkov, A. Brzozowska, P. Nikolaienko, C. Zhu, M. Rueping, Nickel catalyzed chain walking cross‐electrophile coupling of alkyl and aryl halides and olefin hydroarylation enabled by electrochemical reduction, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59, 6513-6519.
5. L. Huang, T. Ji, M. Rueping, Remote Nickel-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Arylation via Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer-Enabled C–C Bond Cleavage, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2020, 142, 3532-3539.
6. H. Yue, C. Zhu, R. Kancherla, F. Liu, M. Rueping, Regioselective Hydroalkylation and Arylalkylation of Alkynes by Photoredox/Nickel Dual Catalysis: Application and Mechanism, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59, 5738-5746.
7. L. Huang, C. Zhu, L. Yi, H. Yue, R. Kancherla, M. Rueping, Cascade Cross‐Coupling of Dienes: Photoredox and Nickel Dual Catalysis, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59, 457-464.
8. Y. Lebedev, I. Polishchuk, B. Maity, M. Guerreiro, L. Cavallo, M. Rueping, Asymmetric Hydroboration of Heteroaryl Ketones by Aluminum Catalysis, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141, 19415-19423.
9. A. Falconnet, M. Magre, B. Maity, L. Cavallo, Magnus Rueping, Asymmetric Magnesium‐Catalyzed Hydroboration by Metal‐Ligand Cooperative Catalysis, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 17567-17571.
10. C. Zhu, H. Yue, B. Maity, I. Atodiresei, L. Cavallo, M. Rueping, A multicomponent synthesis of stereodefined olefins via nickel catalysis and single electron/triplet energy transfer, Nature Catalysis, 2019, 2, 678-687.