Deep-Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography publishes topical issues from the many international and interdisciplinary projects which are undertaken in oceanography. Besides these special issues from projects, the journal publishes collections of papers presented at conferences. The special issues regularly have electronic annexes of non-text material (numerical data, images, images, video, etc.) which are published with the special issues in ScienceDirect. Deep-Sea Research Part II was split off as a separate journal devoted to topical issues in 1993. Its companion journal Deep-Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, publishes the regular research papers in this area.
AUTHORS PLEASE NOTE: the Editors cannot accept submissions that are not linked to a thematic issue. Please do not submit unsolicited papers. For information on how to submit a publication proposal for a special/thematic issue, you are cordially invited to contact the Chief Editors, Kenneth Drinkwater or Javier Aristegui.
DSRII is moving to a new submission system called EVISE, however Special issues that are currently running in the old EES system will be handled in EES until completion. If you are submitting to one of the following special issues please click here to submit your paper through EES:
1. Organic carbon transfer and ecosystem functioning in the terminal lobes of the Congo Deep-sea fan: a multidisciplinary study
2. The Hanna Shoal Ecosystem of the Northeastern Chukchi Shelf
If you are submitting to the following special issue please submit your paper via EVISE:
1. Spatial and temporal ecological variability in the northern Gulf of Alaska: can we handle another Exxon Valdez oil spill?
2. Bathymetry of the Vema-Fracture Zone and Puerto Rico TRench and Abyssal AtlaNtic BiodiverSITy Study
3. Fluids and geochemical processes at the seismically active fault zone in the Sea of Marmara
4. Exploring the Hadal Zone: Recent Advances in Hadal Science and Technology