当前位置: X-MOL 学术Sci. Total Environ. › 论文详情
Characteristics and impacts of solid waste on giant panda habitat in Wanglang Nature Reserve
Science of the Total Environment ( IF 5.589 ) Pub Date : 2020-03-25 , DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138210
Dongwei Kang; Zhijiang Zhao; Xiaoyu Chen; Xiaorong Wang; Junqing Li

Systematic research on solid waste pollution in giant panda habitat is lacking. To fill in this gap in the literature, a survey for solid waste was conducted in Wanglang Nature Reserve in July and August of 2018 and 2019. A total of 16 transects, 16 giant panda habitat plots, 16 livestock habitat plots, and 16 common habitat plots were surveyed. We analyzed the type and distribution of solid waste and the possible impacts of typical solid waste. Results showed that 133 solid waste samples from the five categories (livestock feces, plastic waste, metal waste, construction waste, and paper waste) were detected. Livestock feces accounted for the highest proportion of solid waste at 82.7%, while the remaining types of waste accounted for only 17.3% of the solid waste observed. Livestock feces were distributed relatively evenly within 400 m from roads, while 69.6% of non-livestock fecal waste were distributed 0–100 m away from roads. Giant panda habitat and common habitat (shared by giant pandas and livestock) did not significantly differ in habitat characteristics, but livestock habitat was significantly different from them in the number of trees and the height of bamboo. Specifically, livestock habitat had more trees and shorter bamboo. Based on the short bamboo located in livestock habitat, we predicted that bamboo in the common habitat has a high probability of being damaged by livestock. To limit solid waste pollution, livestock should be forbidden from entering giant panda habitat. In addition, tourism and infrastructure construction activities should be strictly controlled. To ensure the effectiveness of conservation, the needs and possible contributions of residents in surrounding communities should be taken into account in the giant panda conservation plan, and routine monitoring of solid waste should be performed.
更新日期:2020-03-26

 

全部期刊列表>>
聚焦肿瘤,探索癌症
欢迎探索2019年最具下载量的材料科学论文
宅家赢大奖
向世界展示您的会议墙报和演示文稿
全球疫情及响应:BMC Medicine专题征稿
新版X-MOL期刊搜索和高级搜索功能介绍
化学材料学全球高引用
ACS材料视界
x-mol收录
自然科研论文编辑服务
南方科技大学
南方科技大学
舒伟
中国科学院长春应化所于聪-4-8
复旦大学
课题组网站
X-MOL
香港大学化学系刘俊治
中山大学化学工程与技术学院
试剂库存
天合科研
down
wechat
bug