Selective Publications (* denotes corresponding author)
1. L. Cheng, H. Wang, H. Cai, J. Zhang, X. Gong, W. Han*, Iron-catalyzed arene C−H hydroxylation, Science 2021, 374, 77-81.
2. P. H. Hu, M. X. Tang, L. Cheng, H. Y. Zhao, W.-J. Gu, W. Han*, Bio-inspired iron-catalyzed oxidation of alkylarenes enables late-stage oxidation of complex methylarenes to arylaldehydes, Nat. Commun. 2019, 10, 2425.
3. B. B. Liu, F. L. Jin, T. J. Wang, X. R. Yuan, W. Han*, Wacker-type oxidation using an iron catalyst and ambient air and its application to late-stage oxidation of complex molecules, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56(41), 12712-12717.
4. W. Han, P. Mayer, A. R. Ofial, Palladium-catalyzed dehydrogenative cross couplings of benzazoles with azoles, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 2178-2182 (Selected as a “Hot Paper”; Highlighted in “Synfacts”; commented by F. Glorius et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 7479-7481).
5. P.-X. Gong, F. Xu, L. Cheng, X. Gong, J. Zhang, W. Han*, Chem. Commun. 2021, 57, 5905-5908
4. B. B. Liu, P. H. Hu, F. N. Xu, L.Cheng, M. X. Tan, W. Han*, Nickel-catalyzed remote and proximal Wacker-type oxidation, Commun. Chem. 2019, 2, 5.
5. F. N. Xu, D. Li, W. Han*, Transition-metal-free carbonylation of aryl halides with arylboronic acids by utilizing stoichiometric CHCl3 as the carbon monoxide-precursor, Green Chem. 2019, 21(11), 2911-2915.
6. F. L. Jin, Y. Z. Zhong, X. Zhang, H. C. Zhang, Q. Zhao, W. Han*, Transition metal-free, iodide-mediated domino carbonylation-benzylation of benzyl chlorides with arylboronic acids under ambient pressure of carbon monoxide, Green Chem. 2016, 18, 2598-2603 (Inside cover).
7. H. Y. Zhao, H. Y. Du, X. R. Yuan, T. J. Wang, W. Han*, Iron-catalyzed carbonylation of aryl halides with arylborons using stoichiometric chloroform as the carbon monoxide source, Green Chem. 2016, 18, 5782-5787.
8. B. B. Liu, L. Cheng, P. H. Hu, F. N. Xu, D. Li, W.-J. Gu, W. Han*, Iron-catalyzed oxidative C-C(vinyl)s-bond cleavage of allylarenes to aryl aldehydes at room temperature with ambient air, Chem. Commun. 2019, 55(33), 4817-4820.
9. Y. Z. Zhong, W. Han*, Iron-catalyzed carbonylative Suzuki reactions under atmospheric pressure of carbon monoxide, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 3874-3877.
10. F. L. Jin, W. Han*, Transition-metal-free, ambient-pressure carbonylative cross-coupling reactions of aryl halides with potassium aryltrifluoroborates, Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 9133-9136.
11. W. Han, A. R. Ofial, Iron catalyzed oxidative cyanation of tertiary amines, Chem. Commun. 2009, 33, 5024-5026 (Highlighted in “Synfacts”).
12. W. Han, A. R. Ofial, Iron-catalyzed dehydrogenative phosphonation of N,N-dimethyl-anilines, Chem. Commun. 2009, 40, 6023-6025.
13. W. Han, P. Mayer, A. R. Ofial, Palladium-catalyzed direct arylations of azoles with aryl silicon and tin reagents, Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 6904-6908.
14. W. Han, C. Liu, Z. L. Jin, In situ generation of palladium nanoparticles: A simple and highly active protocol for oxygen-promoted ligand-free Suzuki coupling reaction of aryl chlorides, Org. Lett. 2007, 9, 4005-4007.
15. D. Z. Yu, F. N. Xu, D. Li, W. Han*, Transition-metal-free carbonylative Suzuki-Miyaura reactions of aryl iodides with arylboronic acids using N-formylsaccharin as CO surrogate, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2019, 361, 3102-3107.
16. W. Han, P. Mayer, A. R. Ofial, Iron-catalyzed oxidative mono- and bis-phosphonation of N,N-dialkylanilines, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2010, 352, 1667-1676.
17. W. Han, C. Liu, Z. L. Jin, Aerobic ligand-free Suzuki coupling reaction of aryl chlorides catalyzed by in situ generated palladium nanoparticles at room temperature, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2008, 350, 501-508.
18. Q. Zhou, S. H. Wei, W. Han*, In situ generation of palladium nanoparticles: ligand-free palladium catalyzed pivalic acid-assisted carbonylative Suzuki reaction at ambient conditions, J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 1454-1460 (Highlighted in “SynFacts”).
19. H. Y. Du, Q. Ruan, M. H. Qi, W. Han*, Ligand-free Pd-catalyzed double carbonylation of aryl iodides with amines to α‑ketoamides under atmospheric pressure of carbon monoxide and at room temperature, J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 7816-7823.
20. L. F. Yao, Q. Zhou, W. Han*, S. H. Wei, Copper powder-catalyzed direct ring-opening arylation of benzazoles with aryl iodides in polyethylene glycol, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2012, 2012, 6856-6860.
21. H. Y. Zhao, W. Han*, Ligand-free palladium-catalyzed oxidative carbonylative homocoupling of arylboron reagents at ambient pressure, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 2016(25), 4279-4283.
22. L. J. Cheng, Y. Z. Zhong, Z. C. Ni, H. Y. Du, F. L. Jin, Q. Rong, W. Han*, Copper-catalyzed carbonylative Suzuki coupling of aryl iodides with arylboronic acids under ambient pressure of carbon monoxide, 2014, RSC Adv. 4, 44312-44316.
23. Y. Z. Zhong, X. X. Gong, X. S. Zhu, Z. C. Ni, H. Y. Wang, J. L. Fu, W. Han*, In situ generated nickel nanoparticle-catalyzed carbonylative Suzuki reactions of aryl iodides with arylboronic acids at ambient CO pressure in poly(ethylene glycol), RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 63216-63220.
24. Y. Z. Zhong, L. X. Yuan, Z. Huang, W. C. Gu, Y. Shao, W. Han*, Unexpected hydrazine hydrate-mediated aerobic oxidation of aryl/heteroaryl boronic acids to phenols in ambient air, 2014, RSC Adv. 4, 33164-33167.
25. W. Han*, F. L. Jin, Q. Zhou, Ligand-_free palladium-_catalyzed hydroxycarbonylation of aryl halides under ambient conditions: Synthesis of aromatic carboxylic acids and aromatic esters, Synthesis 2015, 47, 1861-1868.
26. W. Han, A. R. Ofial, No detours: palladium-catalyzed oxidative C-H/C-H cross-couplings of heteroarenes, Synlett 2011, 22, 1951-1955.
27. W. Han*, F. L. Jin, Q. Zhao, H. Y. Du, L. F. Yao, Acid-free silver-catalyzed cross-dehydrogenative carbamoylation of pyridines with formamides, Synlett 2016, 27, 1854-1859.
28. W. Han*, B. B. Liu, J. J. Chen, Q. Zhou, Ligandless palladium-catalyzed reductive carbonylation of aryl iodides under ambient conditions, Synlett 2017, 28(7), 835-840.
29. B. B. Liu, W. Han*, Iron-catalyzed Wacker-type oxidation, Synlett 2018, 29(4), 383-387(Invited as Synpacts article).
30. W. Han*, J. J. Chen, F. L. Jin, X. R. Yuan, Iodide-catalyzed carbonylation–benzylation of benzyl chlorides with potassium aryltrifluoroborates under ambient pressure of carbon monoxide, Synlett 2018, 29(3), 369-374.