Acta Agriculturæ Scandinavica, Section A – Animal Science publishes results of original research in animal science and their applications related to the following topics:
- Animal breeding and genetics
- Molecular genetics
- Animal physiology and reproduction
- Nutrition and feeding
- Animal behaviour and welfare
- General animal husbandry and systems of production, including economic and technical aspects
- Hygiene and quality of animal products
In addition to original articles, covering basic as well as applied subjects, the journal features review articles and short communications.
Acta Agriculturæ Scandinavica, Section A – Animal Science forms part of a pack of titles published in collaboration with the Nordic Association of Agricultural Scientists (NJF). The series also includes Section B - Soil & Plant Science.
Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica A and B are available to purchase as a combined subscription.This provides access to all three journals in the series, and is available to institutional subscribers only.
Scientists in research, teaching and extension with specialised interest in animal science and production.