We are looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our Biochemistry group at Roche Innovation Center Shanghai within the Immunology/Inflammation/Infectious Diseases (I3) DTA.
He or she will be responsible for providing exceptional biochemistry results to fulfill the needs of target validation and biochemical evaluation of drug candidate. Successful candidate will be part of the global discovery organization to deliver innovative drug targets for the treatment of infectious diseases.
• Provide support in molecular biology, protein analytics, enzymology and biochemical/biophysical methods of molecular interactions.
• Provide biochemical and cellular assay development for screening or evaluation of new drug candidates.• Conduct wet laboratory experiments utilizing established procedures or develop new procedures based on published information.
• Plan and conduct experiments, analyze data, summarize results and review conclusions with manager.
• Have multi-task ability and is willing to adapt his/her skills in a rapidly evolving research environment.
• Communicate effectively with peers, managers, project teams and internal/external groups.
• Candidate should hold a Master of science in biology, biochemistry, or a related field and have at least 4 years of post-degree experience.Industry experience in infectious diseases or immunology/inflammation is a plus.
• Candidate should be able to design and to conduct studies using knowledge in one or more areas of protein analytics, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, molecular interactions or assay development.
• Strong technical skills in a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays, florescence-based methodology, biophysical characterization techniques and protein expression/purification, SDS-PAGE, Western blot.
• Experience in molecular biology and cell biology including cloning, RT-PCR, reverse transcription, bacterial and mammalian cell culture with transient and stable transfection methods, immunostaining.
• Ability to balance multiple and often competing priorities and to be productive and to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English.