1) “Control of chemoselectivity in asymmetric tandem reactions: Direct synthesis of chiral amines bearing nonadjacent stereocenters.” Zhe Li, Bin Hu, Yongwei Wu, Chao Fei, and Li Deng Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences2018, 115, 1730-1735.
2) “Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of Trifluoromethylated γ‐Amino Acids through the Umpolung Addition of Trifluoromethyl Imines to Carboxylic Acid Derivatives.” Bin Hu, and Li Deng Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 2233-2237.
3) “Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of Chiral γ-Amino Ketones via Umpolung Reactions of Imines.” Lin Hu, Yongwei Wu, Zhe Li, and Li Deng J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 15817-15820.
4) “Cinchonium Betaines as Efficient Catalysts for Asymmetric Proton Transfer Catalysis: The Development of a Practical Enantioselective Isomerization of Trifluoromethyl imines.” Xiao Zhou, Yongwei Wu, and Li Deng. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 12297-12302.
5) “Catalytic Asymmetric Umpolung Reactions of Imines.” Yongwei Wu, Lin Hu, Zhe Li, and Li Deng Nature 2015, 523, 445-450.
6) “Catalytic Enantioselective Peroxidation of α, β-Unsaturated Aldehydes for the Asymmetric Synthesis of Biologically Important Chiral Endoperoxides.” Lin Hu, Xiaojie Lu, and Li Deng J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 8400-8403.
7) “Asymmetric Olefin Isomerization via Proton Transfer Catalysis with an Organic Molecule” Yongwei Wu, Ravi P. Singh, and Li Deng J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 12458-12461.
8) “Dual-Function Cinchona Alkaloid Catalysis: Catalytic Asymmetric Tandem Conjugate Addition-Protonation for the Direct Creation of Nonadjacent Stereocenters.” Yi Wang, Xiaofeng Liu, and Li Deng J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 3928-3930.
9) “Highly Enantioselective Conjugate Addition of Malonate and β-Ketoester to Nitroalkenes: Asymmetric C-C Bond Formation via New Bifunctional Organic Catalysts Based on Cinchona Alkaloids.” Hongming Li, Yi Wang, Liang Tang, and Li Deng J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004, 126, 9906-9907
10) “A Highly Enantioselective Catalytic Desymmetrization of Cyclic Anhydrides with Modified Cinchona Alkaloids.” Yonggang Chen, Shi-Kai Tian, and Li Deng J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000, 122, 9542-9543.